My skincare regimen is pretty basic these days. I have oily and sensitive skin, and I’ve seen the best results by simplifying my routine and using a few quality products.
When talking about skincare, I believe that, first and foremost, glowing skin starts from within. I try to eat a variety of clean foods such as berries (for the antioxidants), shrimp (for selenium) and carrots (for vitamin A). I also drink plenty of water throughout the day.
Sunscreen is essential, but I hate that greasy feeling of thick sunscreen under my foundation. As a solution, I’m currently using Covergirl + Olay Simply Ageless foundation. It gives my skin a boost of brightness and contains SPF 28.
I’ve become religious with my nighttime routine. I wasn’t always this way, and I have nightmares about the sins I committed against my skin when I was younger.
Nowadays, I begin by removing my makeup and washing my face with warm water. Although I use my Olay Regenerist cream nightly, I only use a cleanser every other night. Ironically, I’ve found that overuse of cleansing products can give me breakouts and dull my skin tone.
On the days I need to cleanse and exfoliate, I use my Olay ProX brush (can you tell I love Olay?) with a drop of Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Fave Rejuvenator. I love Vasanti’s Brighten Up! line: the products are clean, light, and the exfoliator has the perfect amount of grit. Some of the exfoliators on the market are way too harsh (I’m talking to you, St. Ives) and leave my face feeling red and burned, but I’ve never had that reaction from Vasanti’s line.
Another wonderful product I’ve discovered this year is Mederma’s Quick-Dry Oil. It’s perfect for dark spots and wrinkles, and also helps to heal any acne blemishes that may arise. A few drops goes a long way! I use this about once a week on any problem areas. Pro tip: it’s also great for stretch marks on other parts of the body, too.
Once a month, I do a deep-clean mask with charcoal to really cleanse and purify my skin. I’ve loved Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal mask for years. It’s made with all-natural ingredients and no parabens, SLS, animal ingredients or phthalates.
To recap, my current skincare routine contains the following (for all you TDLR readers out there):
1. Olay ProX Advanced Cleansing System (wonderful for removing makeup and exfoliating, available at major retailers, Amazon, and Olay.com)
2. Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator (my favorite exfoliator that isn’t too gritty or dry, click here to shop)
3. Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream (I use the unscented version, available at major retailers and at Olay.com)
4. Mederma Quick Dry Oil (perfect for dark spots and healing acne scars, available on Amazon and major retailers)
5. Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask (my monthly deep-clean that leaves skin silky smooth, made with all-natural ingredients. Available at Origins.com)
If you enjoyed this post, please follow my blog on WordPress.com. Also, find me on Instagram at @haileighsenatore.